1. The dog is never permitted in the house. The dog stays outside in a specially built wooden compartment named, for very good reason, the DogHouse.
2. Okay, the dog can enter the house, but only for short visits or if his own house is under renovation.
4. Inside the house, the dog is not allowed to run free and is confined to a comfortable but secure metal cage.
5. Okay, the cage becomes part of a two-for-one deal along with the dog house in the yard sale, and the dog can go wherever he pleases
6. The dog is never allowed on the furniture.
7. Okay, the dog can get on the old furniture but not the new furniture.
8. Okay, the dog can get up on the new furniture until it looks like the old furniture and then we’ll sell the whole works and buy new furniture…upon which the dog will most definitely not be allowed.
10. Okay the dog can sleep at the foot of the bed.
11.Okay, the dog can sleep alongside you, but he’s not allowed under the covers.
12. Okay, the dog can sleep under the covers but not with his head on the pillow.
13. Okay, the dog can sleep alongside you under the covers with his head on the pillow, but if he snores he’s got to leave the room.
14. Okay, the dog can sleep and snore and have nightmares in bed, but he’s not to come in and sleep on the couch in the TV room, where I’m now sleeping. That’s just not fair!!!
Hope you enjoyed this! ~Linda Michaels, Del Mar Dog Trainer