It is a big job to properly train a new puppy in order to avoid problems in adolescence and adulthood! Our live-in training program is the most efficient way to train your dog. A 2 – 3 week commitment teaches all the puppy basics and applies those skills as quickly as possible to everyday living situations in your home, whether it’s while you are away on vacation or business or while you are at home.
This service is perfect for people who want a puppy in the family but who don’t have time to train a puppy to become a well-mannered member of the family. Here’s the plan:
- Basic Puppy and Obedience Training
- House Training
- Overnight Crate Training Includes Separation Anxiety issue prevention
- Handling and Puppy-Calming Techniques
- Taught to Not Bite People
- Taught to Not Resource Guard Food, Toys, Etc. from People
- Chew Toy Training. Teach your pup to chew on appropriate toys that belong to him.
Live-in training details
- Four 10-Minute Obedience Training Sessions Per Day. Your dog will learn Sit, Sit for Greetings, Down, Come, and Stay/Wait, plus some doggy tricks upon request.
- Socialization Field Trips Every Other Day With Other People and other Dogs. Insufficient socialization often results in serious behavioral problems in the adult dog. Field Trips may include: AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy obedience class, veterinarian appointments, groomer appointments, puppy dog park or dog beach, pet stores, cafés, obedience on-the-town, and running errands if desired. You or your child may accompany us on some of these trips and are encouraged to do so if possible.
- Exercise and Play Such As Fetch and Beginners Agility
- Leash–Walking Technique. Most often, leash-walking is a skill that requires training and is frequently a problem area for pet parents.
- Family Lessons. Meetings with family members are recommended to demonstrate your dog’s skills and to teach the family how to practice and maintain the behaviors for a lifetime. One 2-hour lesson per week, or upon the family’s return home, is included.
- One written formal training and activities report per week will be provided.
- Sleeping and feeding arrangements for your puppy.
- Your puppy will experience many short training sessions every day – the optimal method of training for every dog.
If you will not be home during training, a guest bedroom is preferred.
If you will be home during training, guest-house accommodations for 2-3 weeks are preferred. If the family is home, training is best accomplished while family members continue their regular activities.
Your puppy or dog won’t be left alone for more than 3-4 hours per day. Linda may go out to teach a private lesson or to teach a class; however, most of her time will be spent at your home. Although Linda is a doting trainer, she requires a degree of privacy and time for herself. Time other than that scheduled above is considered her own.
Call 858.259.9663 or email email@example.com for further details.
Cost: $225/night per one puppy or new-to-you dog. May travel to cities outside of the San Diego area for select clients and additional fees.